We begin our visit to Pirámides de Güimar , an Ethnographic Park of great cultural value measuring some 64,000 square metres. The main attraction are the six step pyramids, oriented towards the sun during the summer and winter solstices.
We will walk through its Poison Garden .This interesting natural scene, beside the park's footpaths, is unusual in that it houses over seventy poisonous plant species from around the world. It is therefore a unique exhibition in the Canary Islands, which contains some of the world's most dangerous plants in its 1.500 m2. Thus, the Poison Garden, apart from being conceived in order to promote knowledge, conservation and enjoyment of a rather different botanical collection, also aims, from a playful point of view, to educate and raise awareness about the danger to mankind of the poisons present in the plant world.
We will continue our route with a visit to Candelaria , where next to the ocean the basilica stands in honor of the Virgin of Candelaria, patron saint of the Canary Islands, surrounded by imposing bronze Guanche statues. A half-day excursion that will allow you to discover a little more about the culture of our Guanches aborigines!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Pirámides de Güimar entrance and Poison Garden
Children Aged: from 2 to 11. Children under 2 are considered as babies and are free of charge.
The Mystery of the Guanches and the Pyramids
This half-day excursion will allow you to visit The Ethnographic Park Pirámides de Güímar and its spectacular Poison Garden. Furthermore,you will have time to walk around Candelaria, where next to the ocean stands the magnificent Basilica where is the "black Madonna"of Candelaria.
Did you know that the original settlers on the island, the Guanches, are represented in nine bronze sculptures outside the basilica, next to the ocean in Candelaria?
- An error has occurred. Try again later.
- You have not selected any person.
- You haven´t selected your hotel.
- You have not selected the date of the excursion.
- You have not selected, the language of the tour.
- There are not enough places available.
- You have not selected any time to climb the cable car.
- There are not enough places for the selected cable car ascent schedule.
Your product has been added to the cart