Despite being the smallest municipality of the archipelago, its population density makes Puerto de la Cruz the second most populated area of the islands. It was in Puerto de la Cruz where tourism first began in the Canarias, initially associated with the European Elite interested because of its climate, in botany or other environmental factors including for health reasons, it was always for the healing properties of its mild climate that attracted people to this resort.
In this city which is north of the island the possibilities are varied, from visiting the leisure complex Lake Martianez (lakes and pool the work of the Canarian artist Cesar Manrique) through to the Plaza del Charco (centre and commercial hub of the city), The Botanical Gardens ,the Paseo of San Telmo or Playa Jardín (black sand with gardens and shops also designed by Cesar Manrique).
Besides these classic attractions already mentioned, this very popular tourist destination among the British, German and Spanish also boasts other gems like the hermitage of San Telmo or Sitio Litre, housing dating from the eighteenth century, then in its day served as home to famous visitors like Agatha Christie and the famous German explorer Alexander von Humboldt.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Guide,you will have free time in Puerto de la Cruz ( it´s not a walking guided tour)
Children Aged: from 2 to 11. Children under 2 are considered as babies and are free of charge.
Puerto de la Cruz
Puerto de la Cruz is not only Loro Parque and Lago Martiánez. In this city north of the island which has always exercised magnet for tourism, the possibilities are diverse: Plaza del Charco ( nerve and commercial center of the city) , Botanical Garden, Paseo de San Telmo , Playa Jardin, Sitio Litre or hermitage of San Telmo.
Did you know that in the eighteenth century Agatha Christie or Alexander von Humboldt stayed in Sitio Litre of El Puerto de la Cruz that today you can visit ?
- An error has occurred. Try again later.
- You have not selected any person.
- You haven´t selected your hotel.
- You have not selected the date of the excursion.
- You have not selected, the language of the tour.
- There are not enough places available.
- You have not selected any time to climb the cable car.
- There are not enough places for the selected cable car ascent schedule.
Your product has been added to the cart